Thursday, November 11, 2010

Written Poem 6

There is always a reason

This was my fifth day of marching with the brigade
And my legs and arms were already stiff and sore.
We passed through  streets and Villes,
that are now reduced to rubble.
Their inhabitants were nowhere in sight, and
the few that i did spot were trembling in fear.

Word gets around the battalion faster than light.
The reports on our enemy's actions are unforgivable.
Some may disagree with war, but
I share the same responsibility
as my brothers who march beside me.
we must fight for whats right and
for those in need and help.

Cwong

4 comments:

  1. This poem has a very dark, unforgiving mood. I really enjoyed the narrative. You did a good job of giving a soldier's first person perspective on a situation you've never actually been exposed to. I think it's a great poem with alot of insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good use of word choice and good narrative style to give this poem that dark, unforgiving mood. Nice view into the individuals soldiers take on war, and what it was like to be in a batalion. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good poem that is has a narrative style that is fantastic. The way it shows the soldiers opinions and view is truly a masterpiece and the descriptive language adds to the dark atmosphere. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you included the soldiers point of view in this poem chad, it really gave me a lot of insight. also the dark atmosphere really came across especially since i'm in my basement which is very dark. this poem is grrrrrrrrreat!

    ReplyDelete