Monday, November 8, 2010

Written Poem 5

Homecoming

I heard a knock, and wondered who?
Opened the door and gasped,
It was a sight i dreamed so few.
“Oh Johnny, back at last!”
He stepped right in, gave me a hug,
and squeezed me as tight as he could.
He was soft, strong, and snug.
“Im home ‘ma, this time f’good.”
Lookin’ sharp in his green uniform,
he sat and we had tea.
he told me his stories and tales.
i just sat there in glee.
After surviving four years at war,
away from his mom,
I don’t want him t’go out that door
cause life is warm and calm



By Cwong

1 comment:

  1. Good poem chad. This poem has a strong rhythm, rhyme and gives a happier and lighter mood.I like how you incorporated some dialogue into your poem (especially, "“Im home ‘ma, this time f’good.”") Great job!

    ReplyDelete